The Myth: I gone to the campus for a tour before, and so I don’t need to visit as an admitted student.
The Verdict: No matter if you’ve visited campus, it is helpful to visit as an admitted student as you consider your admission offer.
Just what a time that is wonderful of! Admitted students recently heard that they are part of the Trojan Family and now it is time for students to make the important decision of where you should visit college. At USC, we have numerous programs for pupils to get one last look before they make their choice.
Often times students may think it’s pointless in the future to campus in April if they went on a tour their junior or senior 12 months. Nevertheless, it can positively be worth your time to check out campus inside the context as a student that is admitted. You are coming to campus to consider applying to USC. Is this a possibility when you take a tour as a prospective student? Could I see myself right here? What information do I would like to know about applying?
Visiting campus being an student that is admitted an entirely different feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this true point, USC is totally a possibility. We’ve extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and close look. Where would we be living? Who would be my classmates? Which professors is going to be teaching my classes? What communities will we join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and commence to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! It is possible to sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half time programs), or Admitted Student Day during your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We possibly may be visiting a populous town near you! We realize that visiting campus may be logistically difficult, but we should be certain to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can also be made at you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the Office of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We desire to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, therefore I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a spring acknowledge, therefore I’m fundamentally waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every year, USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we could possibly move a few of the learning pupils to your autumn semester, springtime admission isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So why do we do it? Well, every we know there will be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad year. We also employ a admission that is competitive at USC, and we can never admit most of the wonderful students who affect USC. So spring admission permits us to admit much more of the incredible pupils we would like at USC because we all know we’ll have more space available in the springtime semester.
Spring admits are not any less important to USC than pupils admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after a couple of semesters of university elsewhere. Spring admits are as much USC students as virtually any Trojan, and we would like them at USC as every other Trojan. Visiting USC in the spring gives you to start your college experience in a way that is unique. You can ease to the college transition by taking classes at a neighborhood college. You can explore the global world through a research abroad program. You can also take a break from the grind and enjoy a months that are few of college!
You should visit our web site at www.usc.edu/springadmit for those who haven’t done so currently. You can find a lot of information about the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning for the fall to USC that is purchasing football tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look ahead to inviting you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. If you haven’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everybody by June 1st with either a request spring grades or perhaps a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For those of you have got currently been admitted, or are wondering exactly what the steps that are next be in the event that you are admitted, this blog’s for you.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed you need to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of receiving your admission letter that it says. This implies, if you receive the admission decision before June 1st, you have actually until June 1st to choose. If you receive the letter after June 1st, you have actually two weeks to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill out the FAFSA while the CSS profile ASAP, or even already completed. We don’t desire your ability to agree to USC become held up by educational funding. The sooner these documents are had by us, the faster we can enable you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not fully guaranteed for transfer students, there is some availability. The earlier you apply, the better the possibilities. You are able to submit your housing application before the commitment deposit. USC additionally has student that is off-campus, so don’t forget to check those options as well.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 company days after your submit your commitment deposit. You will receive an e-mail aided by the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own many recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you are a Trojan!
Of course, we’re always ready to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!